Easy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
I only say this like everyday, but I love easy recipes. The kind that involve only a handful of ingredients and take 30 minutes or less from start to finish. Unless it’s for a special occasion, I normally don’t have the patience (or the cooking expertise) to spend like nine hours in the kitchen whipping up some kind of gourmet concoction.
Now, there are all different types of easy recipes, but my favorite kinds are dessert recipes. Because let’s be honest, if there’s no dessert after dinner (or at any time of the day, actually), well that’s a major problem as far as I’m concerned. So since these cookies are both those things, obviously I had to share the recipe.
They came about when I very randomly decided to experiment with a recipe posted by Instagram user Healthy Hayls. She made them using only oats and mashed banana as the base, but I added a few extra ingredients to make them a tiny bit more cookie like. Check out the recipe below, try it for yourself, and leave a comment to let me know what you think!
(P.S. They’re vegan and gluten free, too!)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 T cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 T creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the mashed banana to the dry ingredients and then the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Stir everything together until all the ingredients are blended and you reach a thick batter-like consistency.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the dough onto an oiled cookie sheet (I made about 12 cookies) and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.