Creamy Greek Yogurt Guacamole
When life hands you avocados… Make guacamole!
OMG, cliche! I know. But I had to. I just had to go there.
Plus, why is that not the saying? Avocados are so much cooler than lemons and I’d rather have guacamole over lemonade any day.
Having this homemade guacamole on hand during a busy week to easily throw atop your lunch or add as a side to your dinner is so convenient it’s ridiculous.
And much better than having a pitcher of lemonade in your fridge. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good glass of fresh, homemade lemonade. But you can’t dip chips in it or use it to top your veggie pita pocket, soooo… Gucamole takes the cake in my book.
Life, stop handing out lemons and start handing over some avocados.
Note: This will yield about four, 2 tablespoon sized servings. To make more at once, just double the ingredients!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and mashed (the more ripe, the better)
- 1/4 large tomato, diced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion pieces
- 1/2 lime
- 2 T corn kernels (fresh from the cob or from a can)
- 2 generous T plain Greek yogurt
- dash of cumin
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
What to do
- Cut up the avocado and mash it well until it forms a pasty mixture
- Add the Greek yogurt to the avocado mixture and stir until well combined.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well blended.