Hello hungry friends and happy 2017! I hope your year is off to an excellent start and that you’ve already begun to log lots of miles (if that’s what you want to do, that is)!
My 2017 has been good so far, but I’d be lying if said getting back into an early-morning workout routine after almost 2 weeks of vacation hasn’t been a struggle. So that’s definitely something to work on!
And speaking of working on things, that leads me to the gist of today’s post.
Earlier today I was reading my friend Nicole’s blog where she laid out her goals for January 2017; basically everything she wants to accomplish this month. They are small, simple steps that will lead to achieving bigger changes over the course of the year. When I finished reading her post, a light bulb went off in my head.
Lately I was feeling guilty for not setting a New Year’s resolution and sort of avoiding setting any sort of goals at all because thinking about the bigger picture of what I want to accomplish for the year felt overwhelming and daunting.
But Nicole’s post reminded me that setting smaller goals that can be attained in a shorter period of time is the smartest way to work towards the things that you want.
So my main overall goal for 2017 is to start each month here with a list of my goals for the month and (also like Nicole did) a self-assessment of how I did with the previous month’s goals — I’m calling it my Goal Call. Like a roll call … for my goals 😛 (Just go with it, OK? Thanks.)
To start, here are my goals for January 2017!
1. Run at least 3 days a week, following the 3-month plan I layed out for myself at the end of December. This includes a regular Saturday long run.
2. Complete the Strength Running IT Band Rehab routine at least once a week (the routine is part of the Strength Running Injury Prevention for Runners program).
3. Do at least 30 minutes of yoga 2 times per week.
1. Get my focus back to intuitive eating.
2. Snack less at work (especially when it comes to the peanut butter-filled pretzels the office stocks, they are my downfall).
1. Establish a regular blogging routine for my new blog entires and social media posts + interacting more with other blogs.
2. Finish looking at all of the wedding venues we’re interested in so that we can weigh all the pros and cons and pick a place and a date.
I’m going to leave it at that for now! There are more things that I wanted to add to all of these lists but as I thought about adding them and realistically being able to tackle them I realized that I’d be better off if I saved them for next month and focused on just these seven goals for this month.
So that’s what I’ll be working on and I’ll be back in the beginning of February to let ya’ll know how I did and what I’m planning to conquer next.
Now it’s your turn! What are your goals for the month? Let me know in the comments!