Remember when I used to be obsessed with oatmeal? When I used to eat it for breakfast every single day, and every morning I would greet my Instagram feed with a decadently delicious-looking bowl of oats? You remember, don’t you?
I may have outgrown my Obsessed Over Oats stage, but just because I don’t eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning anymore doesn’t mean I can’t still make a mean bowl. Proof: my breakfast yesterday morning (pictured above). I woke up in the mood for oats, and so that’s what I made.
As I began to prep my morning meal and I opened my kitchen cabinet, I caught a glimpse of a jar of Peanut Butter & Co‘s Dark Chocolate Dreams chocolate peanut butter sitting on the shelf. From the second that it caught my eye, it started calling my name. “Put me in your oatmeal,” it said. “Please! Include me in your breakfast bowl!” This is dark chocolate flavored peanut butter we’re talking about here. It only had to ask me once.
[image via Instagram]
And the bowl of oatmeal that resulted from my spur of the moment chocolate concoction can most certainly be described as dreamy. Creamy and fluffy. Savory and sweet. This is definitely the kind of breakfast you dream about. Which makes me think that Peanut Butter & Co. totally intended for Dark Chocolate Dreams to be a breakfast food. You know, dream about a decadent chocolate-y breakfast, then wake up and get cooking with some dark chocolate peanut butter. Genius!
If you ask me, no bowl of oatmeal is complete unless topped with granola. Luckily, my Two Fold Granola Giveaway is going on right now, and so my snack draw just so happens to be stocked with an ample amount of the greatest oatmeal topping ever to exist. I’m especially in love with Two Fold granola because it’s packed with nuts like pistachios, almonds, and pecans, which makes it extra crunchy and hearty. (Click here to enter for a chance to win some for yourself!)
So, if you’ve been dreaming of chocolate for breakfast like me, this is the dish that will finally make all your first meal fantasies come true 😉
Chat with me! Besides granola, what are some of your other favorite oatmeal toppings?
-Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut-Butter-Banana Protein Oatmeal-
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon traditional, all-natural peanut butter
Optional but highly recommended: granola
1. In a microwaveable bowl, mix together the oats and protein powder.
2. Slice up half of the banana, then cut the slices into halves. Toss the pieces into to the protein and oat mixture.
3. Scoop in the yogurt. Then pour in the almond milk and stir everything together until all of the yogurt is blended and dissolved.
4. Scoop in the Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter. (It will melt in the microwave and you can mix it in afterwards.)
5. Microwave for 1:15. Slice up the rest of your banana while waiting.
6. Stir everything together so that the chocolate peanut butter blends into the oats.
7. Drizzle the traditional peanut butter over the oatmeal. (Use a fork if you want it to look fancy!)
8. Top with cinnamon and granola!