The storm may be over, but the road to recovery for many of the Hurricane Sandy victims has barely even begun.
I traveled to Staten Island last weekend to run in the Staten Island Marathon for Sandy Relief and the harsh reality of the situation there, and in all of the areas that were severely hit by the storm, is that although much help has already been provided, they are going to need lots and lots more for some time to come.
If you’d like to participate with me, here’s a snippet from Carolyn’s blog about how the “race” will work:
How to participate:
1. SIGN UP: Racing for Relief
2. Donate (Please note there is a $10 minimum) this counts as your entry fee.
3. Download and print your Racing for Relief bib to wear while you run!
4. Spread the word and get everyone you know involved. The more runners we have, the more money we raise!
5. RUN RUN RUN! Anytime before December 1st.
6. Post your times here [Please do this before December 1st.] You can run on a treadmill or outside.
With a group or by yourself. Not a runner? Walk! Just get out there and do something.
This is a super simple, extra healthy way for everyone to donate to the relief effort and spread awareness! Plus, Carolyn is offering some awesome giveaway prizes for everyone who participates. Check out her Race for Relief post for more details about what’s up for grabs!
Like I said, the storm is over but the road to recovery for many is going to be a long and bumpy one, so let’s not forget to keep helping those in need!
Who’s ready to Race for Relief with me?!