You know Pepperidge Farm’s Cinnamon-Raisin Bread? Yeah, you do. Ugh, I could eat a whole loaf of that stuff. Buuuut, I don’t really think my body would appreciate it if I stuffed an entire loaf of sugar-infused bread into my stomach.
So, what’s a Hungry runner to do? Come up with a compromise! These Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Pancakes are a healthy mix of whole wheat, cinnamon, and raisins that my tummy most definitely appreciates. Yours will too. Promise.
—Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Pancakes—
What you’ll need:
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 T rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins (separated)
2 tsp. cinnamon (separated)
2/3 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 T sugar (omit if you can do without added sweetner)
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 T coconut oil (can be omitted for fat free pancakes)
What to do:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, sugar and half of the cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together vanilla extract, milk, and oil.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until well blended.
4. Fold in half the raisins.
5. Pour batter (separate into two medium sized circular pancakes) onto an oiled skillet. As the pancakes cook, sprinkle some of the leftover cinnamon onto each uncooked side.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.