I adapted this from Chocolate Covered Katie’s Vanilla Chai Breakfast Shake. When I came across it, I really wanted to try the recipe, but I’m not a huge fan of chai. So instead, I swapped in about a half of a cup of chilled coffee, plus a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream, and I ended up with a pretty bangin’ vanilla-coffee flavored shake. Try it out!
-Vanilla Coffee Shake-
What you’ll need:
- 1 very-ripe frozen banana
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used vanilla soy milk.)
- a dash of powdered nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of brewed, chilled coffee
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla ice cream
- optional: sweetener if desired
What to do:
1.) Combine everything in a blender until smooth.
2.) Top with whipped cream (if you want!) and enjoy!